The Design Seeds site is powered 100% through the support of Sponsors and Patrons.
We are a site of reciprocity, relying on readers to “tip” in lieu of running ads that track behavior & collect data. This creates a value proposition, offering privacy and empowerment as to what sites you choose to support financially.
How can I support Design Seeds?
- Pay a gratuity via the Design Seeds Tip Jar
- Become a Patron via Patreon
- Purchase a Color Almanac (several volumes available)
Design Seeds is 100% about:
- Nourishing the 🖤 of color
- Providing premium daily inspiration and color resources for free
- Highlighting the work of emerging creatives and key influencers through image features
- Creating original content while operating as an indie site
Design Seeds is not about:
- Running ads based on your reading behavior, sites you have visited, or providing your data to inform networks or other sites
- Tracking reader behaviour or collecting visitor data to sell
What is the Design Seeds Tip Jar?
The Design Seeds Tip Jar is managed via PayPal. The Tip Jar is a way for Patrons to pay a gratuity in support of the operational costs of the site. Seed Design Consultancy, LLC, parent company of Design Seeds, is stated on the Tip Jar page and PayPal statements.
A note from the Creator of Design Seeds
It’s humbling to think my little passion project blog from 2009 has grown to be the Design Seeds site of today. This has 100% to do with the loyalty of readers and your incredible grassroots support.
Over these past nine years, the interwebs have changed dramatically, challenging both readers and publishers in epic ways. Being a huge believer in the power of blogging and online community, I also acknowledge that the honor codes of years past have mutated. User data is being misused and sold at alarming rates, while mega ad networks have a stranglehold on publishers’ livelihoods. Poor behavior and practices have soured reader experience, while indie blogs & sites are becoming extinct.
All this has inspired me to try and change the paradigm from my colorful corner of the interwebs, in the hopes your direct support will allow us to go forward with transparency and reciprocity.
Design Seeds will no longer run network ads, and Analytics tracking has been removed from the site. In addition to Color Almanac sales and Sponsor support for features such as the seasonal atlas, reader tips will now fund the site’s operations. Financial realities combined with wanting to provide a respectful experience for you, have led me to this solution in hopes we can all go forward in full color.
Thank you for your time, consideration, & support. Wishing you endless flowers in all your tomorrows.
~ Jessica 04.26.2018